Things My Dog Taught Me
Sheriff BJ Barnes welcomes Frankie Heath, of People and Paws For Hope. The discussion touched many points, including:
- People & Paws For Hope addresses at-risk children and at-risk dogs.
- Animal abuse by youth: Perceived increase in cases lately.
- In partnership with One Step Further, youths are given dog care responsibility.
- The goal: Teach respect, compassion, responsible behavior.
- The human/animal bond is a powerful teaching tool.
- Receiving the complete trust of a dog changes people for the better.
- Fundraiser event at Shoe Market, on Market Street, Greensboro, 7 PM Nov 13.
- www.pp4h.org website has details, information.